UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES
M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering and Project Development Programme
University of Port Harcourt
Institute of Petroleum Studies
CENTER FOR OIL & GAS TECHNOLOGY
Admission into the M.S.c. (Petroleum Engineering and Project Development Programme) for 2020/2021 Session
The Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) was established in 2003,
as a bold effort to bridge the skills gap between theory of the classroom
and practical needs of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria.
The M.Sc., Petroleum Engineering and Project Development, Programme
is an International Collaborative Graduate Programme between IFP School,
France and the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, run in IPS and sponsored by
NNPC and TOTAL E & P Nigeria Limited Joint Venture. The Institute offers a
conducive learning environment, full Internet access, virtual library and hands-on
training with each student using a computer. Students use industry software,
fieldcase studies and undertake numerous field/laboratory visits.
Students are encouraged to live and work together in our hostel, develop team spirit.
The aim of this professional Master’s Degree Programme is to provide graduates with
broad-based training required for onshore/ offshore oil and gas field development.
The students will be taught jointly by lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt
(UniPort); Nigeria, IFP School, France; and experts from the Nigerian petroleum industry
and the Diaspora. IPS graduates have more than 95% chance of employment and internship in
the oil and gas industry on graduation. Admission is also open to suitably qualified
candidates from the Sub-Sahara region of Africa.
The duration of the programme shall be twelve (12) calendar months of intensive, full-time study.
The Programme has no provision for break into sections/segment.
Award of Degree
Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’
Degree jointly awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria and IFP School, France.
Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree,
Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in any branch of Engineering.
Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum
of 5 years relevant Upstream Petroleum experience with Second Class Honours
Lower Division, but with CGPA of not less than 3.00 on a scale of 5.00.
Limited spaces are available for holders of IPS Postgraduate Diploma,
who meet admission and screening requirements.
Method of Application
THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 2020/2021 SESSION HAS CLOSED
Important Dates to remember: (Any changes will be communicated by e-mail)
Completed hard or e-copy Application Forms with credentials,
must be returned to The Admissions Officer, Institute of Petroleum
Studies, University of Port Harcourt, East West Road, PMB 2,
UniPort Post Office, Choba, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria,
West Africa on or before Monday 13th July, 2020.
Aptitude Test – 10:00a.m. Friday 24th July, 2020.
Oral Interview Date in August, 2020 to be determined.
Academic activities for the session will start in November 6, 2020
Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on the IPS Website https://ipsng.org/. They shall look for sponsorship as soon as they are admitted.
For enquires please call +234 9090624900 or email the Admissions Officer: email@example.com
Credentials to be submitted (hard copies)
- O'Level Result
- First Degree Certificate
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption
- Curriculum Vitae
- Hand written application letter (one page)
- Printout of online form
Institute of Petroleum Studies - CHI IKOKU LIBRARY
⇐ =============== UNDER CONSTRUCTION =============== ⇒
SELECT WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY FOR AND CLICK THE SELECT BUTTON
- Please use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox Browser (on a computer running Windows 10) for the application process
- Please use a Gmail (Google email account) account for your email (this appears to be the surest way of receiving our email notifications)
- Please use the drop-down list above to select what you want to pay for (click on the 'SELECT' button to unlock the form shown)
- Please fill in your details accordingly in the payment form provided. Ensure that your details are accurate, you will not be able to modify it once the process has commenced, the only remedy will be to start afresh.
- Click on the 'BEGIN PAYMENT PROCESS' button.
- An email will then be sent to the email address provided (within 24 hours) by you with the next step. Please check your SPAM folder if you don't find the email in your INBOX folder.
- For issues, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org