UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
It is designed for sustainable development of oil and gas producing host communities.
The Institute provides a conducive learning environment, full Internet access, virtual library and hands-on training
using one computer per student.
Students are encouraged to live and work together, thus developing team spirit.
sponsored by NNPC/TOTAL E&P JV, is to improve the technical competence and skills of graduates from the communities in which
they operate to make them effective and competitive for recruitment in the petroleum industry.
On completion of this programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Effectively use Petroleum Engineering Software
- Supervise drilling operations, develop wells and carry out drilling optimization programmes
- Supervise, and evaluate well completion, Workover and well stimulation programmes
- Operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- Carry out well performance enhancement programmes
Award of Diploma:
There shall be written test and oral screening to further determine suitability of candidates.
Mode of Study and Examination:
field/ Laboratory work/visits, seminar and team/ individual industrial projects. Weekly examinations will be administered.
(Note that sponsorship of candidate(s) by any of the participating companies does not guarantee recruitment of such candidate(s) into their Employment at the end of the programme)
- A non-refundable application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (#15, 000) in certified bank draft shall be made payable to the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt.
- Applicants should include a pre-paid FedEx envelope with the draft and collect the form in person. Forms can be obtained online from IPS website and also make payment online.
- Application is strictly online at www.ipsng.org/apply
Important Dates to remember: (Any changes will be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed hard copy Application Forms must be returned to the Director, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt on or before July 13, 2018.
- Aptitude Test: July 25, 2018.
- Oral interview: August 22, 2018 at IPS Park.
- Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on IPS website: www.ipsng.org
- Short-listed candidates will also be contacted by e-mail .
- For enquiries, please call +234 (0)9090624900 or e-mail: email@example.com
DORCAS D. OTTO (MRS.)